Qunity, a well-respected Civil Engineering and Landscape Architecture firm in Durham, is seeking a Project Engineer with two to five (2-5) years of Land Development experience to join our team immediately. This position will report to an Engineering Project Coordinator and will make technical contributions towards the success of projects and design teams.
We are looking for a motivated individual who possesses creative and innovative design skills and can work in a team-oriented environment. Experience and familiarity with various municipal site plan and construction drawing approval processes is strongly desired. Our projects include all site development aspects of residential, commercial, office, municipal, institutional, and industrial development throughout the southeast. Typical responsibilities will include:
- Work as part of a high-performing team to design all aspects of site design using Autodesk Civil3D software
- Produce technical calculations, conceptual and detailed design drawings for site plans, construction drawings, and permitting packages
- Perform research and prepare engineering reports for stormwater management, storm drainage, erosion control, and others as needed
- Assist with the preparation of local, state, and federal permit applications to support the project
- Analyze technical problems develop new or improved techniques, approaches, and alternative solutions
- Focus on quality and ensure the Firm’s QA/QC process is followed
- Communicate with PM’s and technical staff to understand project scope of work, schedule, and budget
- Participate in team/project meetings
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by management
- Conform in all respects with applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations, ordinances, and other orders and to all company policies, procedures, and directives from supervisors
For a Project Engineer to be successful in their role, they should possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited program is required
- 2-5 years of relevant experience as a civil designer, project engineer, or engineering intern
- Engineer Intern (E.I.) or the ability to obtain within 6 months desired
- Highly detail-oriented and possess excellent organizational / problem-solving skills
- Must be able to prioritize and complete multiple tasks as assigned
- Strong time management and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- AutoCAD Civil3D proficiency is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Bluebeam REVU, etc., is desired
- Preference will be given to applicants experienced with site, utility, and storm drainage layout and design, stormwater management plan design, hydrologic and hydraulic calculations, and site grading.
–> To apply, please send your resume and cover letter here with “Qunity Job Application” as the subject line.